Welcome to WP Demos Sites. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
This whole post is only going to be 125 words, including this sentence.
Why? Because I have a real problem with going overboard when writing, especially emails, and it’s time I did something about it! Luckily there’s a new Chrome extension that’s ready-made for this kind of challenge. Brief is a new tool that might just make your everyday emails better, and by better we mean shorter. People hate reading lengthy emails, so Brief provides a hard cutoff line of just 125 words for you to get your point across and avoid lengthy tangents.
Long emails are no fun to read or write. – Brief
If you’re interested in shortening your emails into something that people might actually read then check out Brief.
By Lisa Richwine
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Alphabet Inc’s YouTube will launch a live TV service featuring U.S. broadcast networks and cable channels to attract young fans of online videos to a pay television package, YouTube executives said on Tuesday.
The new offering, called YouTube TV, will compete with other services fighting to attract mobile-loving younger audiences who dropped pricier, traditional cable and satellite packages or never signed up in the first place.
YouTube TV will be delivered over the internet and debut in the coming months at a cost of $35 a month for six accounts, YouTube Chief Executive Susan Wojcicki told reporters at an event in Los Angeles.
YouTube TV subscribers will be able to watch original programming that appears on YouTube Red, a subscription service that includes movies and shows starring popular YouTube video creators.
The development of the live TV package is an attempt to sell a new service to viewers hooked on YouTube’s free videos.
“Millennials love great TV content, but what we’ve seen is they don’t want to watch it in the traditional setting,” Wojcicki said.
YouTube TV will feature Walt Disney Co’s ABC, CBS Corp’s CBS, 21st Century Fox’s Fox and Comcast Corp’s (CMCSA.O) NBC plus cable channels including ESPN, USA and FX. It will launch initially in select U.S. markets.
The offering will compete with services such as Dish Network Corp’s Sling TV, AT&T’s DirecTV Now and Sony Corp’s PlayStation Vue. Those packages sell for roughly $20 to $65 a month. Hulu also is developing a live TV service.
All of the live digital services provide TV networks an avenue to make up for their loss of customers to “cord cutting,” or the dropping of pay TV. Channel owners say they earn as much or more for each subscriber on a live digital service as they do through cable or satellite packages.
YouTube executives said they aimed to make the YouTube TV app easy to use across mobile devices, desktop computers or an Internet-connected televisions. Users will be able to record programming on a cloud DVR and watch it for up to nine months. Engineers also are incorporating technology from Google, such as the ability to voice search TV shows through a Google Home device.
“Even though we are in this golden age of content, the current TV age isn’t doing it justice,” said Neal Mohan, YouTube’s chief product officer. “We feel we are in a great position to reinvent the way TV works.”
(Reporting by Lisa Richwine in Los Angeles and Julia Love in San Francisco; Editing by Cynthia Osterman and Andrew Hay)
Take a look at the following info before your installation date to help make your appointment as easy as possible.
- An authorized person at least 18 years of age must be present during the installation.
- Installations take up to four (4) hours to complete.
- Move any furniture or objects blocking access to the phone and computer connections before the technician arrives.
- The technician will connect devices used on your former network to your new home network. Keep in mind that we can’t guarantee the functionality or compatibility of those devices. Technicians are not authorized to troubleshoot third party devices.
- In some cases, a connection or wiring that worked with another network may not work with your new service. Our technician will locate a spot with the strongest signal and suitability for the equipment. If you prefer a different location, or if new jacks or upgraded wiring are required, additional charges may apply.
- If you decide to cancel your installation order, message or email us at least 24 business hours (M-F) in advance and we will immediately refund your total purchase. Orders cancelled the day of installation will not be eligible for a full refund.
- Make sure your equipment and network are working before canceling service with a previous provider.
- Establish a method of payment for your new service, you can save your credit or debit card in your account to automatically pay your EIN charges each month.